Friday, February 16, 2018

Book Love

How about some book love? I would like to do a series of many more photos with books. But these were done as a way to experiment with my, then, new camera. I had gotten a Nikon D7200 and wanted to see how it worked.

ISO 640 30mm f/4.2 1/25sec

I like to think of the following images my Mantle Candlelight series. I want to do more of these as I love the coloring around them. Curious how I got that color? I did not use any coloring in Photoshop or Lightroom. These are natural. I did sharpen and brighten them in Lightroom but that's it. I'll let you know about the color at the end.
ISO 640 42mm f/5.0 1/25sec

ISO 640 42mm f/5.0 1/25sec

ISO 640 23mm f/3.8 1/25sec

ISO 640 23mm f/3.8 1/25sec


ISO 640 34mm f/4.5 1/25sec
The pinkish or salmon coloring is from my hand. The wall is a light beige and I placed my hand in front of the camera flash to dull the intensity and got this coloring. All blended with the light of the candle and a small hint of a lamp. That's it.

I've learned much about my camera since taking these. I've also learned more in Photoshop and Lightroom to help with lighting in pictures. I may do a series like this in future now that I'm familiar with the camera.

Are there any particular arrangements you'd like to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment